The International Finance Corporation (IFC), the private sector arm of the World Bank Group, is a global investor and advisor committed to promoting projects in its developing member countries that are economically beneficial, financially and commercially sound, and environmentally and socially sustainable.
IFC finances private sector investments, mobilizes capital in the international financial markets, helps clients improve social and environmental sustainability, and provides technical assistance and advice to governments and businesses in the developing world.
Scope of Work: The Investment Analysts will work closely with IFC’s Investment Officers, who are responsible for business development, project design, negotiation, structuring and subsequent supervision of the Corporation’s investment projects in the manufacturing, agribusiness and services sectors in Sub Saharan Africa. The Investment Analysts will help identify new projects, assist Investment Officers in executing deals and supervise a portfolio of loan, quasi-equity and equity investments.
Duties and Accountabilities:
• Create financial models;
• Analyze historical and projected financial statements;
• Conduct industry and market research and assist in IFC’s business development efforts;
• Review company information and prepare reports on periodic financial statements and project progress reports and other information submitted by clients;
• Prepare documentation for IFC internal processes;
• Establish and maintain quality client relationships to ensure responsive client service and to enhance new business opportunities;
• Participate in investment negotiations;
• Participate in monitoring of investments in portfolio companies.
Skills & Experience
• Bachelor’s or equivalent degree with specialization in finance;
• Experience in a financial institution (2+ years) with a proven track record;
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills and sound business judgment to identify issues and present creative and practical solutions;
• Ability to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries;
• Demonstrated teamwork skills;
• Strong client service orientation with an openness to feedback and new ideas;
• Excellent presentation skills;
• Experience of having worked on investments related to the manufacturing, agribusiness and services sectors will be an added advantage.
• Fluency in English is essential and in French is an added advantage.
As a representative of the World Bank Group, all professional activities are expected to be consistent with our Core Values: personal honesty, integrity, commitment, working together in teams -with openness and trust; empowering others and respecting differences; encouraging risk-taking and responsibility; enjoying our work and our families.
METHOD OF APPLICATION Applications should be sent in English. All applications must be submitted through the website. The World Bank Group is committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Cover letter should clearly describe the relevant results the candidate has delivered in prior positions, rather than simply listing responsibilities. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The contract for this position has an initial duration of 2 years (renewable), with a one-year probation period and subject to be renewed. The appointees will be stationed in Lagos Nigeria, Johannesburg, South Africa or Nairobi, Kenya. For Corporate Information and to apply to the position, please visit;